Network Security Engineer 2
CAREERS AT REDHAWK NETWORK SECURITY
Network Security engineer 2
The primary role of the Network Security Engineer 2 at Redhawk Network Security is to provide second tier support for Managed Services Clients. The engineer will also be responsible for implementing designs as produced by the Senior Engineering team. Solutions built in this role may encompass multiple technology disciplines and tools. A candidate in this role will be able to quickly identify and solve issues quickly while providing excellent customer service. Candidates for this position are expected to have journeyman level experience with IP networking and fundamental understanding of the network’s responsibility in delivering excellent application experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementations and Second Tier Support (80%-90%)
Implementation of Customer Designs (65%)
- Takes statements of work and derives a Method of Procedure to document the implementation of said design.
- Works with Senior Engineers to understand design and address any questions before starting delivery.
- Documents and tracks progress during implementation.
- Provides concise and completed diagrams upon completion.
Support of Tier 1 and Managed Services Clients (30%)
- Works with Tier 1 to address customer issues.
- Provides guidance to Tier 1 to reduce escalations.
- Documents and tracks resolutions within the company wiki to provide a knowledge base for other engineers
- May occasionally provide backup for Tier 1 to support vacations and leaves of absence.
- Accurately fills out time tracking for billing purposes.
- Maintains documentation for processes and procedures in the company wiki, noting adjustments and changes along the way.
- Maintains due dates of tickets assigned in the portal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Learning and Development (10%-20%)
Research, document, and maintain current knowledge for:
- Annual or longer-term individualized training programs including position specific workshops, seminars, and certification.
- Regular review of individual progress plan with supervisor
- Takes opportunities to learn from upper level tiers with plans for promotion
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the employee gets along with clients, vendors, co-workers, and management. Employees must maintain a positive public image when representing the company in public engagements.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- At least four years of experience in troubleshooting and resolving advanced production networking issues.
At least a four-year degree in a technology discipline (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience in the technology field.
Experience with Firewalls, Routers, and Switches with a keen understanding of the roles that each device interacts with application layers
Mid-Level understanding of Layer 3 networking.
Experience with any of Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, SonicWALL, and other market leading networking vendors.
Qualified candidate will have the following:
- Intuition and keen instincts regarding customer service.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills; with a focus on communicating to technical and non-technical users alike.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent and keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong organization skills.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Plan and perform diversified duties requiring an extensive knowledge of a particular field, and the use of a wide range of procedures. Involves the exercise of judgment in the analysis of facts or conditions regarding individual problems or transactions to determine what action should be taken, within the specifications of standard practice.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
In-depth knowledge of internally used applications, systems, and standard network protocols to produce solutions that are or can be considered industry standards. Possess proactive initiative and deductive reasoning. The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously with favorable results.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CCNA – Route and Switch
CCNA – Security
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. (18 kg) may be required for onsite deployments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus or is corrected by correctional eyewear.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Ability to meet the physical demands of this position including:
Occasional weekend work may be required for large deployments to adhere to maintenance windows.
40-hour work week and participation in rotation of on-call duties.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and mouse.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Redhawk offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, and more.
Redhawk Network Security, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions, Redhawk is looking for you.
Founded in 2000, Redhawk Network Security has more than 15 years of experience providing leading-edge cyber security services and is devoted to the highest standards of service and security. Redhawk recognizes our team members are our primary asset, and we have built a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We encourage every client to take ownership of the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their valued information and operational security.
Email your resume to: Careers@redhawksecurity.com